We will be introducing again an opinion poll on our website. Your opinion will help us in planning our work better. You are asked to choose only one answer which personally you feel to be the closest answer to the question we are making.
We also appreciate having additional comments if you would like to share them with us.
I dare not tick boxes, certainly not the second and last option. Opinions have changed in the last 25 years or so and surely there are a few places of interest in the village. The Good Friday procession attracts our fair share of course. The modern tourists are a discerning ilot and inorder to satisfy their needs and espectations, one needs to analyse what it is that they expect and work towards meeting those needs. If we leave it to the government of the day, it will take time and the commitment is not there. So the efforts must come from wiithin and the best entity ito accomplist that is the local council. It’s a long term commitment from local residents qho are ready to volunteer time and energy to analyse:
what we have to offer to attract tourism,
how best to present that to the day/passing tourist
what incentives the local/national government are prepared to give.
It’s a long term project, which needs at least 3 to 5 years planning.
Nick A Cutajar
Biex it-turisti jersqu lejn iz-Zejtun nara li hemm bzonn li jsiru numru ta’ punti.
– Li nara li hemm bzonn li jinfetah sit adegwat biex jippromovi s-sbuhija li ghadna fiz-Zejtun, kif ghandhom lokalitajiet bhall-Birgu.
– Li jingibdu postcards fiz-Zejtun u dawn jinbieghu ma’ postcards ohra f’ souvenir shops madwar Malta.
– Li jitwahhlu placards hdejn bini importanti li hawn fiz-Zejtun, biex dak li jkun ikun jista’ japprezza u jinforma ruhi dwar x’qed jara.
– Li jsiru mapep ta’ heritage trails fil-postijiet ta’ interess li jkun hemm il-placards.
– Li jintuza aktar il-volontarjat f’apprezzament storiku u kulturali, ezempju li jkun xi hadd ghassa ma’ kappella jew knisja miftuha.
Dan jista’ jkun l-ewwel pass.
I have just visited here for the Easter procession and I thought it was done very very well. The people must and should be proud as the time and detail put into it was excellent. The last supper was beautiful and in conversation with one of the local men I was amazed at the time and effort that goes into this display. I am glad I came and as I now live in Malta I will definitely be back to see this area. The people I met were very friendly and helpful and had I not come along with a coach of others I would have liked to have stayed longer and had a drink in the bar. Is there a cd (video) done of the procession that can be bought any where? Many thx Paula
Paula, your comments are appreciated a lot. The procession was aired by TVM this year, so I assume they would have this for sale from their sales office.