Wirt iż-Żejtun organized a cultural walk from Żejtun to Żabbar on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of the elevation of the Żejtun parish to “Parroċċa Matriċi” (mother parish), following the establishment of the Żabbar parish.
The walk started off from the parvis of St. Clement’s Church and proceed along Żabbar Road from Żejtun towards St Joseph Street, in Żabbar. This being the old link road between the two neighbouring towns. On the way, the group participating in this event were given information on various buildings of historical and architectural importance, among others, Bishop Labini’s country house, the Chapel of Tal-Plier, the Church of Santa Marija tal-Indirizz, the residence of the late President Agatha Barbara and the original site of the Ġnien tal-Kmand. The main attraction along the route was a metal canon ball which was shot by the French troops on the 5th October 1798 and which remained stuck to the facade of an old house in Triq Bajjada.