Category Archives: Parish Church

Image

360 VIEWS: The Parish Church dressed for the Holy Week


The website maltain360.com has just launched this excellent feature.

Click on the image below and enjoy!

DSC_1118

Advertisements
Gallery

Sicilian Professors visit Zejtun

This gallery contains 2 photos.


A group of Sicilian professors coming from the Universita’ di Palermo and officials from the Comune di Ragusa, have recently visited Zejtun.  The visitors were led by Heritage Malta officials and their visit was part of a day tour following a meeting … Continue reading

Gallery

Malta’s most important Early Renaissance paintings to be restored

This gallery contains 3 photos.


One of Malta’s most important early renaissance paintings is being restored and conserved through a sponsorship by Banif Bank.  This was announced through a press conference given this morning at the St Catherine’s Parish Church in Zejtun. The oils on … Continue reading

Gallery

Beland Band Club 150th Anniversary Thanksgiving Mass

This gallery contains 1 photos.


This evening at the St. Catherine’s Parish Church in Zejtun, the Beland Band Club held a thanksgiving mass to commemorate the 150th anniversary of its foundation. The mass was celebrated by His Excellency Mgr. Tommasso Caputo, Apostolic Nuncio to Malta and … Continue reading

Gallery

Confirmed through opinion poll – Parish Church needs urgent restoration.

This gallery contains 1 photos.


During May we have asked our readers to choose from three buildings found at Zejtun and vote for the one which they think needs most urgent restoration. When combining the votes received on our two sites 79% voted for the … Continue reading

Gallery

Wirt iż-Żejtun at the activity “Il-Parroċċa taż-Żejtun Tistiednek”

This gallery contains 2 photos.


Wirt iż-Żejtun have took part for the first time, in the activity organised by the Zejtun Parish during this weekend on the church parvis  – Il-Parroċċa taż-Żejtun Tistiednek. Through our presence in this activity, our aim was to attract children and provide them with useful material to … Continue reading

Gallery

The 10th of May, 1744


On the 10th of May, 1744, Bishop Alpheran de Bussan dedicated (“consecrated”) the new parish church, which was still under construction, to St. Catherine of Alexandria. This day is celebrated annually during the evening mass at the same church.  A series of … Continue reading