In a rainy Sunday morning, on the 2nd November, Wirt iż-Żejtun had organised its last tour for this year. The tour followed the trail of the Turkish raid of 1614 from the Old Parish Church to the church of St Clement.
The role of the Old Parish Church during this raid was explained to the visitors, who were given an explanation on how the raid proceeded on the early morning of the 6th July 1614. The tour then continued through the narrow streets of ir-Raħal t’Isfel, with stops at the Church of Our Saviour which at that time was dedicated to St Mary and served as the vice-parish church; at Ħajt il-Wied where one could appreciate the introverted character of the vernacular houses; and in front of Clement Tabone’s house few metres away from the church he built and dedicated to St Clement.
The open invitation for English speaking audience, reached H.E. Gina Abercrombie – Winstanely USA Ambassador to Malta who honoured us by joining the tour.