The editorial of this issue, as expected, focuses on the 400th year anniversary of the Ottoman attack on Zejtun which took place on the 6th July 1614. In fact the main article on the front page, gives a short overview of the first from a series of activities which will be organised by Wirt iz-Zejtun during this year. The full program of this activities is published on the back page of the newsletter.
The news for the past quarter is included in the first column of the front page, which page includes also reference to the logo which is being used by Wirt iz-Zejtun for the celebrations of this year.
On the back page, one finds reference to a visit to the Museum of Art and History and the Zejtun Parish by the boys of the Society of Sacred Doctrine MUSEUM of Zejtun, which was organised by Wirt iz-Zejtun. Another short article refers to the first restoration project being financed by Wirt iz-Zejtun. This involves the restoration of the stone statue of St Gregory found in the piazza, in front of the Old Parish Church.
If you would like to read the newsletter in Maltese click here.